- Who are we?
- What we collect and why
- Information about other people
- What about 'cookies'?
- You tell who?
- Complaints, comments or corrections?
So who are we?
AtelierSwiss operates through different companies around the world that are all part of the AtelierSwiss family. Individual AtelierSwiss companies sometimes need to share personal information with other companies in the group to let us provide the quality products and standard of service you've come to expect of us.
What do we collect and why do we collect it?
There are situations in which we ask you to give us information about yourself. This information includes things like your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number. In some situations you may be able to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. If customers choose to purchase AtelierSwiss products or services, we collect their credit card details and other identifying information in order to process orders and provide customer service. The types of purposes for which we collect information about individuals include the following:
- obtaining, responding to and managing feedback from travellers
- allowing people to share their experiences with fellow travellers on our bulletin boards and managing communications on our bulletin boards to ensure that posts and messages submitted by users to Thorn Tree comply with our community guidelines and website terms & conditions
- processing purchase orders and providing technical support
- contacting travellers with information and updates (like exciting travel news, great offers, promotions, special events, competitions and surveys) from AtelierSwiss (but only if they have asked us to). Our information and updates may also include information from our partners and other companies in the AtelierSwiss group (click here to learn more about the AtelierSwiss family of companies).
- managing our competitions and contacting the winners
- personalising or improving the way AtelierSwiss content is presented to you across a range of platforms (see our "Cookies Policy" for more information) We may also collect information about individuals involved in businesses, and this is mainly for:
- preparing listings and reviews in our publications (our writers may collect personal information in the course of gathering material for inclusion in our products, although you won't always know who they are at the time as we need to get the real story!).
- sending information about AtelierSwiss and our products to our media and other industry contacts
- distributing our products to distributors and retailers.
If you work for us (as an employee or under contract) we keep information about you in the context of that relationship. There are some differences in how we deal with that type of personal information because of the relationship, plus some housekeeping stuff. If you are in this group and want further information on how we deal with information about you, please contact your Human Resources manager or the person who manages your relationship with us.
Information about other people
One of the best things about the AtelierSwiss community is that everyone is keen to share their views and experiences with others. We welcome your contributions, but please respect the privacy of others and don’t share their information unless you have their permission.
If you want to include information about yourself we'll take it that you understand how our services work and are happy for that information to be shared. If you are unhappy that personal information about you has been included in one of our products or on one of our bulletin boards, please let us know. Where reasonable and possible we will remove that information at the next practical opportunity - where it has been included in one of our publications that may be the next reprint or next edition.
What about 'cookies'?
The security of your personal information is important. AtelierSwiss has in place proper security measures to protect your personal information.
You tell who?
We may share personal information amongst companies in the AtelierSwiss family. We may also disclose that information to our travel writers and other contractors who help us put together AtelierSwiss products and services and, where relevant, to our business partners who assist us in providing these products and services, or to successors in title to our business. This may involve transferring your data from one country to another. By giving us your personal information or interacting with us, you acknowledge and agree to our use of your data on a global basis, but if you have any concerns about this please let us know.
If legal or health and safety issues arise we may also have to make disclosures to relevant organisations to deal with these matters.
Complaints, comments or corrections?
You generally have a right to access the personal information AtelierSwiss holds about you (although there are exceptions). For some AtelierSwiss services you can access your registration and keep your personal information up to date online. To access, correct, or update your other personal information, or if you have any questions about personal information, please contact us by email.
A world without lawyers...
…is a nice thought. However, for the time being the information handling activities of the AtelierSwiss Group are governed by privacy laws throughout the world.